Wednesday, August 18, 2010

TAI CHI & QI GONG


I have been practicing Tai Chi and Qigong for almost six years now. I originally started because I was looking for something I could do that would not cause my heart arrhythmia to flair up. I had always been active and when the cardiologist said I needed to not allow stress of any kind because it could kill me I was motivated to find an activity that would help heal me and my heart.

I searched the Internet and found Tai Chi and Qigong. According to articles on WebMD and Mayo Clinic there is research showing the benefits for both body and heart. (See article links below.) I even found an article from a local hospital about the success they have had using Tai Chi for their heart patients. I decided to give it a try.

Since then I am not the only one who has noticed a difference. Tai Chi and Qigong gets my engine running in the morning. Routine practice along with nutrition has allowed me to be off my heart medicine and arrhythmia is a rarity and much less severe when it does occur.

If you are looking for a relaxing yet effective exercise to promote health and wellness I would encourage you to take a look at Tai Chi and Qigong. Check your local listings for an instructor. In order to practice when I want without leaving my house I use Gaiam DVD's.

Wishing you wellness!

Regina


http://www.webmd.com/balance/health-benefits-tai-chi-qigong
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tai-chi/SA00087
http://www.gaiam.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment